Monday, June 16, 2008

You know, I've never gotten speeches like this. I understand it's to appeal to white folks and the black middle class, but seriously, does anyone think that people with dysfunctional behavior are going to not do it because Obama said not to? And of course, in the comments, we have the same old themes of welfare, victimhood, responsibility, which shows that this just gets everybody off the hook! I mean seriously, saying well, stop being such a victim! on the internet isn't going to do anything in our nation's poor areas. Not to mention, plenty of white women on welfare, and plenty of white men tossing their kids off for a hot new ride and then whining that their exwife is too mean.

I mean, I don't think that thousands of black men randomly just said 'let's abandon our kids' and not to mention, not being officially married doesn't mean you don't interact with or give financial help to your kids. I have no idea what the answer is, but we've been hearing speeches like this for years, which is nice and helps get out the donations and the votes, I understand Obama is a politician, but when people on the ground think that's going to help, they are deluded.

No comments: