Friday, September 26, 2003

This is a pretty interesting piece on whiteness studies and its critics. What I'd like to address is the talk about blacks with white patronage. I can see both sides of the issue. On one hand, it's good for blacks to not separate themselves, and gain success in any sphere they can. On the other, there's a chance to be talking at cross purposes. The whites want to just forget this whole race thing, and the blacks want to fix it, and neither can understand the other. It's like the Tower of Babel, but with race. I'd like to note that I believe that color blindness is not ignoring who we all are, but it is being able to treat everyone with respect despite our differences.

I'm interested in race nowadays since I don't want to do my chemistry, by the way. I seem to have suddenly contracted a case of chem block, even when I try to do it, I do it slowly and I don't understand it. It's quite depressing, and saps all my other studies, even the interesting essay on Frankenstein I must prepare.

I'm going to talk about the role of intellectual curiosity in Frankenstein, and how it manifests in two passages. It's really a lot of fun.

No comments: